FROM THE SKY
Discover the soul of Lima!
Imagine yourself in a place located just an hour from Lima, where you can see the most authentic neighborhoods and enjoy one of the most impressive sunsets in South America. We will pick you up from your hotel. Our destination is the “Villa María del Triunfo” (VMT) district which is located in the “Southern Cone” of the city of Lima. The road to VMT is a cultural experience and perfect mix to get to know the daily life of the working class of Lima, on the way we will also visit local markets and typical neighborhoods.
The 4×4 tour turns out to be quite fun ascending to the heights of Apu Siqay. Then we will start with the walk, where we will appreciate the wall of shame, which divides the rich from the poor, we will learn about the history of the capital, and we will enjoy the most impressive views of the Peruvian capital, until we finish the tour where we will share drinks and snacks while we watch the sunset.
- We will include the pick up and return from your hotel,
- Nobody organizes this experience better than us, “you will know the true Lima”,
- Enjoy one of the most original tours and feel like a real Limeño, buying this tour with us, you help us bring food to the most vulnerable in the area,
- You probably have one of the most beautiful sunsets ever seen when you feel above the clouds.
- We will pick you up from your hotel or home, we will follow the route to the Villa María del Triunfo district with very good music. Upon arrival we will register at the control booth.
- We begin the first part of the adventure in a fun “TUCTUC” ride ascending the Apu Siqay. Until we reach the beginning of our walk.
- We start the walk to the most outstanding points, while your guide will be telling the history of the city of kings, the migrant Lima, and the wall of shame. You will also be able to enjoy the most beautiful views, knowing the history of the different districts of our capital from the top.
- We begin the descent towards the base of the mountain, until we reach our special point where we will wait for sunset.
- We finish this wonderful experience waiting for the sunset, sharing a picnic with wine, fruit and snacks.
- Return to your Hotel.
|Afternoon||Pick-up: 01:30 pm||Return: 08:30 pm|
TERM: The activity lasts approx. 06:30 hrs.
Per person100 USD each
*Group tour rate of up to 6 people.
- Pick up and return from your hotel (Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco, Surco and nearby areas),
- 4×4 truck,
- drinks, fruits and snacks,
- Tour guide,
- Entrance ticket,
- First aid kit.
Does not include: Tips or lunch.
- Use sunscreen,
- Wear sunglasses,
- Wear comfortable sports-type clothing (long pants or long-sleeved shirt),
- Wear a hat or cap,
- Always wear a thin jacket, in the late afternoon you can feel the cold,
- Bring sneakers or trekking shoes.
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Book one day in advance, in case you want to book the same day, use the LAST MINUTE BOOKING option.
- There are no refunds 24 hours before the date of the Full day Marcahuasi tour,
- 50% will be refunded 48 hours before the start of your tour,
- 100% will be refunded 72 hours or more before the start of your tour,
- The Hiking in a Shanty Town Lima tour can be rescheduled up to 48 hours before the start of the tour,
- Show up the day of the tour with signs of having consumed alcohol or drugs, the activity will be canceled without refund.
- To receive the photographic material, it is recommended to follow our Facebook page. All the photographs will be published on our Facebook page Sandride Lima,
- If you want a private Hiking in a Shanty Town Lima tour, please let us know in the subject of your reservation, tours are generally shared,
- If you suffer from a cardio-respiratory illness, back problems and pregnancy, we recommend that you not participate in this tour,
- During the months of June to October, the best sunsets are seen in the Apu Siqay, however, we have sunset all year round.
- Our Tour includes the pick up from your Hotel or apartment from the areas near Miraflores, Barranco and San Isidro. in case you need the pick up from the Airport the price for each way is 25 usd, and 40 usd for both ways.